[RASMB] vinylite gaskets

Olwyn Byron olwyn.byron at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 04:36:25 PDT 2010

Dear RASMBers,

In the interests of economy (!), I'm considering getting a gasket
cutter made to produce the white vinylite window gaskets for the AUC
window assembly.  Our workshop has kindly offered to produce the
gaskets once the cutter is made.

Has anyone done this successfully?  If so, could I ask:

1. Do you use vinylite, or an alternative material?
2. If you do use vinylite - where do you get it?
3. If you use an alternative, what is it and where do you get it?
4. Do you have any tips on making these gaskets?

All advice gratefully received.

Best wishes,
Olwyn Byron

**** please note new email address: olwyn.byron at glasgow.ac.uk ****

B2-11, Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, University of Glasgow
120 University Place, Glasgow G12 8TA, Scotland, UK

t/f:     +44 (0)141 330 3752/4600
email:   olwyn.byron at glasgow.ac.uk
web:     http://www.gla.ac.uk:443/ibls/staff/staff.php?who=Pn||ed