[RASMB] two technical questions

virgil schirf schirfv at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Jul 23 18:42:14 PDT 2010

Hi John,

  The instrument should reach the set speed before any scans are
collected and should reach 40 krpm in less than 2 minutes when set to
400 rpm/sec (max) acceleration.

The monochromator motor is not precise and normally will skip increments
even if 1 nm is selected. I don't remember what the Beckman specs are
but +/- 4 seems a little high.

Best regards,

Virgil