[RASMB] determination of phage particle concentration

Carlos E. Catalano catalanc at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 9 06:59:47 PST 2010

Lots of chatter on the phage quantitation.  So, the essential question
is one of exactly what is required and the accuracy of the measurement
(first approximation or +/- 1%).
Bottom line, absorbance measurements will be fast and easy get you
into the ballpark without going through all the hoopla - all the
caveats notwithstanding.
Peter provided the best approach overall, however; titer for
infectious phage and microscopy for particles.  Both would be
quantitative and accurate if done appropriately.
carlos