[RASMB] Oligomerization of small peptides (20-30 aa)...

Schoenfeld, Hans-J. hans-j.schoenfeld at roche.com
Wed Feb 10 04:44:46 PST 2010

Dear RASMB colleagues,
the methods of choice to characterize peptide oligomerization in solution so far in my view were AUC in equilibrium mode or static light scattering methods...
Recently, I heart about attempts to investigate peptide oligomerization as function of pH, buffer composition, etc. by electron spray mass spectroscopy. Are there opinions around about how MS methods in doing that compare to the more classical methods as mentioned above. I can hardly believe how MS could work without significantly influencing weak interactions or change equilibria...
Thanks for any comment on that topic.
Best regards,
Hans-Joachim.
Ps: also grateful for any literature of review references on this topic...

Dr. Hans-Joachim Schönfeld
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.
Preclinical research, B93/5.44
CH-4070 Basel