[RASMB] AUC Analysis for a protein without tryptophan

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 26 05:38:26 PST 2009

Hi Rikita,

The reason for tryptophan is simply that it has a UV absorbance. If
there is no Trp but some Tyr or Phe, there may be enough absorbance.
Put your protein sequence into SEDNTERP and it will give you a handy
plot of absorbance vs wavelength so you can see if an alternative to
280 nm might be better. You can go to 230 nm or lower to measure
the peptide absorption but this is more liable to buffer interference.

Best regards,

Andrew