[RASMB] timing of auc runs

smcbryan smcbryan at lamar.colostate.edu
Fri Sep 25 11:14:23 PDT 2009

For your first two experiments at 32K, you are collecting data at 3.975
minutes per scan and 4.455 minutes per scan for the 13:15 and 14:51
experiments, respectively. Assuming you are scanning in the Abs mode (which
the scans per unit time suggests) that is a significant difference between
scan time, if you set the radial increment and scan limits (Rmin and Rmax)
the same for both runs. Did you set Rmin and Rmax to the same limits?
Our machines won't collect every scan at the set radial increment,
typically a 0.001cm experiment will average 1.0015cm radial increments. But
that value is the same between different experiments, so your differences
are unusual.
Steve Mcbryant, PhD
Director, PPC Facility
Colorado State University