[RASMB] new to ultracentr

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Wed Sep 16 10:54:34 PDT 2009

Dear  Jason, dear  colleauges,
as  I understand you  like to  have information about preparative ultracentrifugation. Their are  several or
better to say alot of modes. My suggestion is to look  in  books of  this theme. The  best and good  explane according  my opinion  always used in my  lab, even  issued  in 1984 are in this  book also examples!!

>>Centrifugation<< ( 2nd  edition ) A practical approaach
Edited by  D Rickwood
Dept of  Biology Uni  Essex,Colchestwer Essex , England
IRL Press Oxford  , Washington DC
ISBN 0-904147-55-X

2 more gradient  medium for  this  purposes is METRIZAMIDE and  NYCODENZ I used  more also  for  analytical  work  NYEGAARD and  Co.Dianostica Oslo Norway but  distributed  in all the world.

Beckmans  preparative  Booklet is also not  bad: mainly  theory  and  descriptions
>>Techniques of  preparative , Zonal and  Continuous  Flow Ultracentrifugation  Print  N°(DS-468G)
yours....ariel
ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch