[RASMB] GRC Preliminary Program Announcement

Karen Fleming Karen.Fleming at jhu.edu
Thu Jun 18 13:21:55 PDT 2009

Dear RASMB Colleagues,

Mark your calendars for the 2010 Gordon Research Conference on
Biomolecular Interactions & Methods. This GRC was formerly known as
the "RASMB GRC", and it  mixes “methods” experts with “systems”
scientists working on compelling biological problems. The sub-theme
for 2010 is Protein Interaction Dynamics, and this ranges from
systems dynamics all the way down to molecular analysis of Kinetics
and Thermodynamics. The conference dates are 17-22 Jan 2010 at the
Hotel Galvez in Galveston, TX. The emerging program can be found at:

http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2010&program=biointerac

Hot Topics Short Talks:
To ensure that the hottest topics will be covered, we will be
choosing additional talks for each session from the submitted
abstracts. Be sure to submit your abstracts early as we will be
making these selections in the next few months.

Lively Poster Session
Of course, we are planning to continue the tradition of a lively
poster session.

New this year is an accompanying meeting:
Gordon-Kenan Research Symposium (GRS) on Biomolecular Interactions &
Methods.

http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2010&program=grs_bioint

The GRS a meeting organized for and by student and postdoctoral
scientists. It formalizes the long tradition of the "illegal" student
session we have previously organized on thursday afternoons.
Professor Carlos Bustamente will give a keynote address at the GRS,
and all of the remaining oral presentations will be student/
postdoctoral talks that are selected from the GRS abstracts. Note
that the registration deadline to be considered for a talk in the GRS
is mid-September. Session moderators at the GRS include selected
speakers from the main GRC, which will provide additional networking
opportunities for young scientists. Finally, the GRS organizers are
also putting together a career panel with scientists from academia
and industry.

We hope that students who attend the GRS will also attend the GRC,
and we think the GRS will make this a much more productive and
enjoyable meeting experience. The GRS takes place in the same
location (Hotel Galvez) from 16-17 Jan 2010. Questions about the GRS
should be directed to the GRS co-chairs Dr. Ann Marie Stanley
(annmarie at hms.harvard.edu) or Rachel Farrow (rfarrow at nimr.mrc.ac.uk).

On behalf of the entire BIM GRC organizing committee, I'm looking
forward to seeing you all there.

  Karen G. Fleming, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies
Thomas C. Jenkins Department of Biophysics
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

http://freedom.bph.jhu.edu/
Voice: 410-516-7256
Fax: 410-516-4118
The 2010 GRC Organizing Committee
Biomolecular Interactions and Methods

Karen G. Fleming, Johns Hopkins University
2010 Chair

Gideon Schreiber, Weizman Institute, Israel
2010 International Co-Chair

Linda K. Nicholson, Cornell University
2010 Vice Chair

Justin Molloy, NIMR, London, UK