[RASMB] Teragrid Grant Renewal

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Mar 23 10:50:06 PDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I have some good news to share: Our NSF Teragrid grant has been renewed!

Thanks to many of you who have provided me with manuscript references that
were accomplished with the help of Teragrid resources, the NSF actually
decided to increase our requested allocation by 25% above what we asked
for :-) They also invited us to request a supplement if the 600,000
service units awarded for the next 3 years are not sufficient.

This is welcome news, and will guarantee that we will have sufficient
public allocation cycles for all UltraScan users! The UltraScan project is
now listed among the NSF Teragrid Science Gateways as a community project,
which will provide free supercomputing access for all investigators with
an UltraScan LIMS Portal.

We are now working with TACC to add Ranger, one of the largest
supercomputers in the US with nearly 70,000 cores to the list of
supercomputers that have UltraScan installed, this will hopefully be
completed in a few weeks to further speed up analysis. We have requested
a roaming allocation that will allow us to provide additional Teragrid
cluster around the country to further reduce waiting time.

If your institution does not yet have a USLIMS portal and you would
like to use UltraScan to analyze velocity data, please contact me so we
can set you up. For more information please see:

 http://uslims.uthscsa.edu

A workshop teaching the use UltraScan on the Teragrid clusters will be
offered by us in San Antonio May 28 - June 1st. For more information,
please see:

http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/ (click on "Workshop").

Regards, -Borries