AW: [RASMB] The INVEQ function

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 08:51:34 PST 2009

Thanks, Titus!  I am sure that Origin will do the trick - as you will
have noticed my suggestion is that people should 'paste in' the
equation to whatever fitting program they are addicted to. Origin, as
it is supplied with an XL-I/A, has an obvious head start. Does it
support simple 1-click full error stats? (often called
'boot-strapping'). The error surface associated with fitting the INVEQ
function is a bit strange, valleys rather than nice depressions, so the
error estimates given by Levenberg-Marquadt tend to be quite
optimistic. My routine usage is 500 iterations, confidence level 67%,
with binning and graphic every parameter of interest. Easy enough to do
in Origin?

Kind regards

Arthur

*******