[RASMB] XL-I: Resetting Com Port

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 10:49:32 PST 2008

Hello Titus,

We have exactly the same problem and I am trying to resolve it with
Beckman at the moment. My system is an XL-I new in 2002. The problem
stops vary considerably in frequency - sometimes practically every run,
then at other times months can go by without a stop. Removing the PC
from our network made no difference, and the stops occur at any time
of day or night.

I think the Resetting Com Port messages are a symptom but not the
actual problem, as I can sometimes have many Com Port messages without
a stop, but stops seem more likely if there are many Com Port messages.

One thing I have noticed is that the stops seem to occur more often
after or between interference scans. I haven't had the opportunity to
try running Abs scans only when the problem occurs to see if it is
specific to the interference optics system.

I will post to the board if I come across anything helpful, but as
you know this is an old problem that better heads than mine haven't
managed to solve!

Best regards to all,

Andrew