[RASMB] Sedfit/SEDPHAT workshop at NIH July 7-11

Brown, Patrick (NIH/NIBIB) [E] brownpatr at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jun 12 14:11:12 PDT 2008

Dear all,
There are still a few seats available in the upcoming NIH workshop:

 Workshop on Hydrodynamic and Thermodynamic Analysis of Macromolecules
with
 SEDFIT and SEDPHAT which will take place from July 7 thru July 11, 2008
at the NIH campus in
 Bethesda, Maryland (USA).

 This workshop will review strategies for hydrodynamic and thermodynamic
 analysis of sedimentation equilibrium and sedimentation velocity
analytical
 ultracentrifugation (AUC), dynamic light scattering (DLS), and
isothermal
 titration calorimetry (ITC) for the characterization of biological
 macromolecules in solution.

 The workshop will start on Monday morning and end on Friday at
afternoon.
  On the first day, we will provide an introduction into the
experimental
 aspects of AUC, DLS and ITC. This part will take place in the
laboratory.
  We will review the basic operation of the instruments, choice of
buffers,
 and detection systems, and experimental design dependent on the system
under
 study.  For AUC, assembling the AUC cells and operating the XLA/I will
be
 discussed in detail.  The following days, will cover many advanced
topics of
 theory, data analysis and experimental setup.  These lectures are
 accompanied by practical computer exercises with the software.

 A detailed description and how to register can be found here:
 http://www.analyticalultracentrifugation.com/workshop.htm
<http://www.analyticalultracentrifugation.com/workshop.htm>

 Regards,
 Patrick H. Brown