[RASMB] postdoctoral position opening

Peter Schuck pschuck at helix.nih.gov
Wed Jun 11 19:16:16 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

we are recruiting for a postdoctoral position in the Protein Biophysics
Resource of the Laboratory of Bioengineering and Physical Science,
National Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National
Institutes of Health.  I would appreciate if you could announce this
opening in your department.

Our goal is to develop biophysical approaches for the characterization
of complex systems of interacting biological macromolecules using
multiple techniques.  The candidate will have the opportunity to acquire
and/or to apply skills in sedimentation velocity and equilibrium
analytical ultracentrifugation, optical biosensing, isothermal titration
and differential scanning calorimetry, time-resolved and steady-state
fluorescence spectroscopy, static and dynamic light scattering, field
flow fractionation, and mass spectrometry, using principles of
bio-thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, and hydrodynamics.  The candidate
will be expected to develop methodological research projects but also
have the opportunity to pursue collaborative biological applications
with other laboratories at the National Institutes of Health.  A solid
background in protein biochemistry is a plus, as well as experience in
any techniques of biophysical chemistry.  Candidates with expertise in
microfluidics or supported lipid bilayers are also encouraged to apply.

The position is located in Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A.  Applicants should
send a cover letter stating their research interests, CV, bibliography,
and the contact information for three references to
pschuck at helix.nih.gov.  Further inquiries are welcome and should be
directed to the same address.

Thank you, regards,

Peter Schuck