[RASMB] Detection limits

Titus M. Franzmann titus.franzmann at ch.tum.de
Tue Jun 10 14:49:48 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the minimum detection
limit of species using aUC SV?

If I had a pure sample (let's assume an absorbance = 0.5) that had been
contaminated with x% of the total signal with a different compound, what
would be the minimum X% to be reliably detected this in SV experiment.
For example, % dimers in a monomer-dimer equilibrium far below the Kd,
or dimeric aggregates from non-reversibly associated monomers. Assuming
that the machine is in OK shape and delivers RSMDs around 0.004 for
absorbance experiments.

Cheers

Titus