[RASMB] condensation

Chad Brautigam chad.brautigam at utsouthwestern.edu
Wed Jun 4 10:07:40 PDT 2008

Dear All,

We're having a serious problem with our XL-I.  The UV filter that is
positioned over the condenser lens is fogging with oil every time it
is used.  It is the underside of the filter that gets fogged.
Fogging, of course, completely negates our ability to use the
interference optics.  A Beckman service rep recently changed the
condenser lens and also replaced our vacuum pump.  Does anyone have
any notion of why this fogging is occurring and what the fix might
be?  Our service rep is trying hard to get this fixed, but he is new
to the analytical centrifuges.  Any help the community can offer
would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

======================================
Chad A. Brautigam, Ph.D.