[RASMB] New UltraScan version

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu May 15 10:15:08 PDT 2008

Dear UltraScan user:

I am pleased to announce a new release of UltraScan. Version 9.7 is now
available for download from http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu

Clicking on the "Download" button will provide a link for downloads of
versions for Linux (Intel, AMD, Mac G3/G4, PPC), Macintosh OSX, *BSD
(Intel), and Solaris (Sparc). We also have source code and a bootable ISO
CDROM image with a full-featured Linux distro incorporating UltraScan and
AccessGrid. The same image can also be downloaded for a VMWare player
(platform independent, including for Windows). Users of the UltraScan
image do not have to update, only leave the computer on and it will
update automatically. You can force an update as the root user with:

swaret --update
swaret --upgrade ultrascan

A Microsoft Windows Win32 beta version will be made available shortly
for testing (NT, win2k, XP and Vista).

Here are some of the changes: Many bug fixes, new simulator for reacting
systems using the latest ASTFEM solution for non-interacting, self-
and heteroassociating systems, band sedimentation and floatation, new
genetic algorithm model constraint builder for nonlinear model fitting,
improvements in the pseudo-3D plotter, intensity data converter, improved
USLIMS interface, reacting systems fitter in the USLIMS, an Anton Paar
DMA60 interface density calculator, a completely new nonlinear velocity
model viewer, and many more features.

The win32 version will be announced separately. It is completely new and
we will need your feedback for bug reports and improvements. Please send
them to my personal e-mail - see below.

Regards, -Borries
---
Borries Demeler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dept. of Biochemistry, MC 7760
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3901
Voice: 210-567-6592, Fax: 210-567-1136, Email: demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu