[RASMB] k_off rate

Wenta Nikola Nikola.Wenta at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Apr 5 16:39:44 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues!
Does anyone know how to calculate the k_off rate of a given dimer from it's kD? As the kD was found from Sedimentation Equilibrium, there are no kinetic information within. But there exists a crystal structure of that dimer, and with HydroPro, I obrained a diffusion coefficient for the dimer as well as for the monomer. Does anyone has any suggestions how to calculate my protein's k_off rate?
I am grateful for any suggestions.
Niko