[RASMB] interference

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Sat Apr 5 09:02:58 PDT 2008

Dear Colleauges, dear  Fumio,
>From your  mail one could conclude that there  exist  only one cell  type , since you didn't  mentioned
 the  cell  you  used. I believe you thought  only on
a cell of 12mm thickness double sector  . As you  know  I worked   many years  with  the  model E
also  with  interference  optics (unfortunately the  Basel Biozentrum has only a XLA and not XLI so  in case of  Xli  I can't  give  you  advises) that  time   much before  Beckman  sold  3mm DS centerpieces we  cutted  the  12mm Epon centerpieces  in
2, 3, and  4 mm thin centerpieces  and  spacer-rings for them. In case the leaked  I added  on each side
a double-sector wascher that   the  company sells.
I don't  need  to give you  farther  explanations, but  clear is that  the  ratio of cell thicknes goes parallel  with the  optical  signal.
also in the   XLA  (absorptio optics ) I use  often  thin  cells in respect to the Lamberts-Beer  low.
With friendly  regards   ariel. <<ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch<<