[RASMB] problem with fitting

Chin, Christopher C. cchin at utmb.edu
Thu Mar 20 09:29:09 PDT 2008

Hello Marina,

As I try to clean up my old e-mail and notice that I miss this
discussion about two weeks ago.   I remember I did an experiment when
Sedfit was release.  The reason for doing this experiment is when I
analyzed the sample with glycerol presence in the buffer, the S value is
always smaller than when I analysis the data using DCDT +, even when I
put in the correct density and viscosity value.  So I derived an
experiment using CRP protein (a dimmer protein with molecular weight
about 47KDa) in the presence of different concentration of glycerol. I
am sending this in the attachment.  If I use the correction constant,
then your protein of 6.23S should really be 1.21X 6.23=7.54 S. This will
reconfirm it is a trimmer but will not change the trimmer to hexamer as
you expected. I hope this information is useful for you.

All the best,

Christopher Chin