[RASMB] floatation

Hicks, Matthew Matthew.Hicks at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 05:28:15 PST 2008

Hi,
After returning to AUC after a break of a couple of years I carried out a sedimentation velocity experiment with a peptide in 100% TFE. I did the experiment before realising that since vbar*rho was >1 then the peptide floated (so I guess its a floatation velocity experiment). Presumably one can still analyse the data in the same way with 1-vbar*rho being negative??
I'm trying to use sedfit (continuous c(s)) but get an error message "log:DOMAIN error".
Can one use sedfit for floatation and has anyone here done this.
Thanks for your time,
Matt

Dr Matthew R. Hicks
Department of Chemistry