[RASMB] A Complicated Equilibrium Problem

Eric Salgado esalgado at popmail.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 17 12:03:05 PST 2008

Jim,
    Thank you for your  input.
    The oligomers do not remain intact when I run samples down an SEC,
and I know that EDTA, chelating the mediating Ni away, is able to
restore all of the monomer. This leads me to believe that the
interactions are reversible, just kinetically quick compared to the flow
rate through the column.
    I haven't tried increasing the concentrations higher than they are
as I am really more interested in the dimer and the trimer. It is really
these association constants I am interested in, especially considering
that the hexamer really is not all that prevalent. I figured it would
have to be in the model since it is there, but it is truly the minor
species in all of my samples.
     Thank you again,
        Eric