[RASMB] Another query on isotopic water

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 06:46:12 PDT 2007

Greetings RASMBers

I have a query regarding the density of that other (vastly more expensive!)
isotope of water, namely H2 18O. All I can find are vague assurances that it
is 'very close to that of D2 16O' - hardly what I want. Oh - and one
reference which gave a value to 6 significant figures for the density at 0ºC
- accompanied by a statement that its freezing point was over 3ºC !!!

Otherwise, my web searching has been futile, and the Rubber Handbook has
nothing in it.

Any info gratefully (as ever) received.

Arthur

--