[RASMB] new reductant profiles online

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sat Sep 1 13:28:14 PDT 2007

Hi,

I added some absorbance profiles for oxidation time courses
for 2mM TCEP and DTT to our reductant information page:

http://www.cauma.uthscsa.edu/reductants/index.html

(Data courtesy of Marek Luczkowski, University of Michigan)

The DTT profile shows some clear evidence why DTT should *not* be used
for absorbance experiments, even in small concentration. I am not sure
if the refractive index changes with oxidation, but if someone has some
data on this please send it to me for inclusion in this website. TCEP is
much more stable with respect to absorbance profiles during oxidation
and preferred for experiments > 240 nm.

Regards, -Borries