[RASMB] Biophysical Position (BS/MS)

Lumelle Schneeweis lumelle.schneeweis at bms.com
Fri Jul 27 08:33:30 PDT 2007

Dear RASMBers:

We have an opening for a BS/MS level scientist to do biophysical
characterization and protein purification in our department to support
discovery of protein therapeutics.  Details are below.  If interested,
please apply to the Bristol-Myers Squibb web site as described below,
and also send information direct to me.  Please feel welcome to call or
email if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Lumelle Schneeweis, PhD
Protein Biochemistry & Biophysics
(609) 252-3549

Job Description - Associate Research Scientist
Express recombinant proteins in E. coli or yeast. Purify recombinant
proteins from E. coli, baculovirus infected insect cells, and other
sources. Ability to work independently and develop multi step
chromatography protein purification protocols from experience or from
researching the existing scientific literature. Biophysical
characterization of protein protein interactions using kinetic or
equilibrium methods. Characterize the protein structure, stability and
aggregation state of protein therapeutic agents and protein targets.
Closely collaborate with scientists within own department and with
external customers.

Position Requirements
B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry or related field. Two or more years of post
degree experience would be preferred. Experience with  recombinant DNA
vectors and optimizing culture conditions to express milligram to gram
quantities of proteins in E. coli or yeast. Experience using multi-
step chromatography methods.  Experience with analytical
ultracentrifugation, surface plasmon resonance, microcalorimetry, or
light scattering would be an advantage.

Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V

Location:
US-NJ-Lawrenceville
Bristol-Myers Squibb

Applications must be made at  www.bms.com (click on "Job Search" in the
"Quick Links" section in middle of web page, and register).  To apply,
register as a guest, locate the position by doing a "detailed search"
with the requisition number 19902.  (Please also send your CV to Dr.
Lumelle Schneeweis at lumelle.schneeweis at bms.com).