[RASMB] XL/I absorbance problem

Joy Zhao joyzhao at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:59:01 PDT 2007

Hi Andrew,
I have some points of your issue with the absorbance scans.
(1) Run scans on an empty hole at different wavelenths, 220 nm, 250 nm
and 280 nm
(2) Check the position of the monochromator filter lever, for work
below 400 nm, it should parallel to the stem. Interestingly this
position could affect the RMSD a lot.
(3) I totally agree with other remarks, you'd better try a new slit.
Even some tiny dirt could block it  which you cannot see by eyes.

Good luck!
Joy