[RASMB] Diagnose the error message

Mark Agacan M.Agacan at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 08:48:39 PDT 2007

Hello,

My XL-I was running overnight at 10 degrees C, at some point in the
experiment an error was received:

DIAGNOSTIC  12948684800 RECEIVED

The entire roll of print-out paper in the XL-I spewed out with the above
error message to form a pile roughly the size of the XL-I itself.  I
checked the troubleshooting section in the manual, an error message
starting with a 1 implies a 'CPU-Microprocessor malfunction or loss of
program memory'-type error.

The XL-I worked fine the next day but I was working at 16 degrees C.
Could temperature be the cause of the above error message.  We have had
problems with big temperature fluctuations recently, the XL-I motor
seems to generate a lot of heat, with the result that i have to keep the
lab door open to keep the experiment at a stable temperature.  For
example, it took around twice as long (> 5 hours) for the XL-I to fully
thermally equilibrate at 10 C as it did for 16 C.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the above error, or has anyone had
serious issues with the temperature stability of an XL-I?

Cheers,

Mark

_____________________________________
Dr Mark Agacan