[RASMB] Error in interference scan acquisition

Kristian Schilling schilling at nanolytics.de
Mon May 21 07:46:13 PDT 2007

Dear Jeff,

thanks for your input and for taking the trouble to search for the exact
location. I find this explanation highly probable, and it could also
explain why the bc<some number I forgot>rtl.dll crashed when we later tried
to launch the xli software. As a box came up that explicitely stated a
loating point divide by zero. Apparently the dll was attempting some
calculation with corrupted initialization values and was not defaulted to
some reasonable action for the case of a zero in the wrong place...

However, as the service technicians (in the meantime, their number has
increased to two) have bulldozed the windows installation and are
reinstalling the complete system (right now they are caught with driver
problems that may occur when we try to install an eight year old operating
system on an eight year old PC...), we can't check the xla.ini file any
more. Now this would have been really interesting...

Thanks again,
Kristian