[RASMB] Announcing: 5th Annual UltraScan Workshop

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Apr 6 08:49:16 PDT 2007

                           ANNOUNCEMENT:

   5th Annual UltraScan Analytical Ultracentrifugation Workshop

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to extend an invitation to the 5th annual UltraScan
Analytical Ultracentrifugation Workshop held from May 31st through June
5th at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. In
addition to hands-on UltraScan software training, this year we will
also offer an introductory session suitable for novice and intermediate
users to cover fundamentals of hydrodynamic theory, transport processes,
experimental design and analysis methods. In the subsequent sessions,
we will present a hands-on workshop which covers advanced data analysis
of sedimentation velocity and equilibrium data, and include tutorials
for the high-resolution analysis of mixtures heterogeneous in molecular
weight and shape using the new high-performance computing methods we
have recently developed.

Participants are encouraged to present a 15 minute overview of one
analytical ultracentrifugation project during the symposium, and to
bring their own data for analysis and study. Tutors will review each
participant's data and suggest optimal experimental design and data
analysis strategies.

The workshop will conclude with a session on instrument maintenance and
diagnostics where we will teach diagnosing and troubleshooting of the
most common problems encountered on the XLA/XLI instruments. For each
participant's institution, we will also set up a custom web portal with
the UltraScan LIMS system, including an interface to the supercomputer
grid at UTHSCSA for high resolution analysis of AUC data (subject to
availability).

We have room for 20 participants, and seats will be offered on a
first-come basis. For more information, please visit our website at

http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/workshop

A flyer for posting this announcement can be found at:

http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/workshop/Workshop-flyer-2007.pdf

We look forward to see you in San Antonio!

With best regards, Borries Demeler
---
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dept. of Biochemistry, MC 7760
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3901
Voice: 210-567-6592, Fax: 210-567-1136, Email: demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu