[RASMB] density of L-arginine solution

Fumio Arisaka farisaka at bio.titech.ac.jp
Fri Feb 10 20:34:23 PST 2006

Dear John,

Thank you.  I also thank Jack who suggested me to measure it,
but for the moment, I take the easier way.

John, I was able to get a copy of that article you listed.
It indeed gives the vbar at molar concentrations between 0.2 M and 1.5 M.
At 1.0 M, where we measured SV, vbar for arginine HCl is 0.690.
I calculate the density of the buffer by the equation:

      d = d0 + (1-vbarrho)C

I am not sure about the accuracy with 1 M solution, but I guess
this is the only way to do unless we measure it.
John, if you have any comments on this, I would appreciate it.

Actually, I need the viscosity of the arginine solution as well.
Right now, I am using the viscosity of Guanidine HCl for it, but that
of arginine may be quite different from this, I am afraid.

Could anybody tell me where I can find the data (viscosity of Arg)?

Thanks in advance.  Fumio