[RASMB] Model E nostalgia

Richard M Thomas rthomas at mat.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 18 03:46:17 PDT 2006

While we're on this trip down memory lane...

Borries could have greatly excited the more politically correct  among
us (if any) by giving the full '...like a woman..' quote from the Model
E instruction poster. When I was a doctoral student we had a (female)
postdoc who repeatedly hid the poster as it gave her some form of
ants-in-the pants, although, strangely enough, some kind person always
managed to find it and hang it back on the wall. I still have a (framed)
copy. I've also got some of the original Beckman  advertising literature
for the Model E hidden away in the archives, along with early
instruction manuals. If anyone is interested in any of this. I'd be
happy to try and find it and make it available.

All the best to all
Richard