[RASMB] Should we fit the SV data for bottom level for quantifying protein aggregate?

Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com
Sat Sep 9 13:38:34 PDT 2006

Hi:
Based on the results of analyzing many SV data for quantifying protein
aggregates with Sefit Software, I observed that the change of bottom level
setting influences the quantitation of aggregates. According to the Step by
Step Tutorial in the Sefit website, we need to fit the data for friction
ratio, meniscus level and time independent noise but not bottom level.
Since manual setting of bottom level may result in some error in bottom
level, I would like to know whether we should also fit the data for bottom
level. Thanks!

Yiming