[RASMB] more on systematic differences

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Sep 6 10:47:09 PDT 2006

> NB. If I run one chamber empty, one full at 40 KRPM, am I likely to
> deform the center piece?

In my experience extended run times of epon channel centerpieces with
one channel full and the other empty (leaked out) at 40 krpm most
definitely causes centerpiece damage. I am not sure how long the centerpiece
can withstand the hydrostatic pressure without damage - but in my
experience several hours is enough to irreversibly damage a 2 channel CP.

Aluminum or titanium CP's will be more resilient to such situations.

-Borries