Fwd: RE: [RASMB] Sedimentation Velocity Experiments that are hard to fit

David Hayes hayes at bbri.org
Fri Mar 24 14:12:28 PST 2006

Hi John,

Thank you for your comments.

I think it is OK to say that the data is absorbance and that it looks like
a picture from a Beckman training manual.  I was a little surprised they
were interested enough in the truth to let me describe the problem I was
having on RASMB in this general way to get community input, but I don't
want to push things by divulging any details:  I actually do not know
myself what the buffer is.  I mention non-ideality because the darn scans
just don't fit as a whole but each one looks fine by itself.
I might be more interested in getting a good fit than the people who own
the data:  but it really bugs me that something that looks so simple
doesn't fit the models I tried in Sedfit and Sedanal.

Thanks

David Hayes