[RASMB] density of L-arginine solution

JA KORNBLATT krnbltt at vax2.concordia.ca
Thu Feb 9 06:32:19 PST 2006

dear fumio
i cannot tell you where to find the density of the arginine solution but
we have found that the easiest way to finding densities of exotic
solutions is to measure them. the same holds true for viscosities.
pycnometers are still readily available for less than $100 US. It takes an
hour to calibrate them originally and virtually no work time to make
measurements once they've been calibrated.
as an aside, it's also very satisfying to check the values in the handbook
of chem/phys now and then. our students find it astounding that they are
as accurate as they are.
best regards
jack