[RASMB] 15th International Workshop and Symposium at University College London, 4-7 April

Perkins, Steve (Medsch Bloomsbury/Biochemistry & Molecular Biology) s.perkins at medsch.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 04:37:03 PST 2006

To RASMB Users

Following the email sent on 4th January 2006, this is a reminder that
the abstracts deadline for the 15th International Symposium and Workshop
on Analytical Ultracentrifugation is next Monday 13th February. Once we
receive all the abstracts, the Organising Committee will be able to
assemble the Scientific Programme for speakers and posters at the
Symposium. When this is ready, the Programme will be released onto the
meeting web site.

The Symposium is free to participants but you need to register
beforehand. There is a small fee for the Workshop. The registration form
is on the web site at
http://www.biochem.ucl.ac.uk/bsm/structure/auc_conf_home.htm - please
check this from time to time for updates.

Registrations have been coming in at a healthy rate for both the
Workshop and Symposium, and more people have emailed to say they will be
coming. So it looks as if there will be excellent opportunities for
interactions between ultracentrifugation practitioners at all levels of
the technology.  There are proposals to present exciting new software
and technology developments which should be of interest to all.  There
will also be a commercial exhibition.

We are discussing with the Diamond Synchrotron scientists about a
complementary presentation outlining relevant developments in scattering
due to be in place when Diamond starts operations next year, and what
this is capable of achieving. See http://www.diamond.ac.uk/default.htm

We will know by late February if we can publish a series of short
articles on ultracentrifugation in the Biochemical Society Transactions
based on presentations by the speakers. Our application is being
considered at the time of this email.

The Conference Dinner (for those who have registered) has been booked on
a pleasure boat moored on the River Thames. We are on track to take
delegates onto the London Eye for spectacular views of the city, old and
new. See http://www.londoneye.com/. These two events are free of charge
but we do need an idea of numbers, so please register earlier rather
than later.

All the best

Steve Perkins

Organiser