[RASMB] sedfit simulation on c(s)

Peter Schuck pschuck at helix.nih.gov
Mon Dec 12 11:31:33 PST 2005

Seasonal greetings to all RASMBers!

This is just briefly to follow up on the inquiry below by Chin about the
possibility to simulate sedimentation profiles from sedimentation
coefficient distributions in SEDFIT.  We have tracked down the problem,
which is one of insufficient documentation rather than any problem with
sedfit version 9.2b in this regard.  I've fixed this by adding a new
tutorial webpage about this topic.

http://www.analyticalultracentrifugation.com/generating_simulated_data.htm

It describes the different approaches for simulating discrete species (and
superpositions of discrete species), continuous sedimentation coefficient
distributions, and sedimentation profiles of interacting systems.

Best,
Peter