AW: [RASMB] frictional ratio

Claus Urbanke urbanke.claus at mh-hannover.de
Mon Dec 12 07:52:19 PST 2005

Holger,

there has been a survey by V.N. Uversky (Eur. J. Biochem., 269, 2-12 (2002)
where Stoke's radii data on many proteins and their different denatured
states are collected. He gives empirical formulae for a linear relationship
between log(R(Stokes)) and log(M). You can calculate f/f(0) from those. The
ratio is size dependent and 2.3 comes out for a GuaHCl dentaured protein
with a molar mass of 21 kg.

Hope this helps
Best wishes

Claus