[RASMB] RASMB Gordon Conference Ventura, CA. January 15-20, 2006

Geoff Howlett ghowlett at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 27 15:02:28 PDT 2005

Dear Members of the RASMB network

I attach a flyer for the RASMB Gordon Research Conference to be held in
Ventura, CA, January 15-20, 2006.  The scientific program is appended below.

The background for this Gordon Conference was a meeting in Melbourne in
1994 which covered reversible associations with a special focus on emerging
techniques  including analytical ultracentrifugation, microcalorimetry and
plasmon resonance spectroscopy.  Allen Minton was one of the main
organisers.  Arising from this meeting was a suggestion and offer by Walter
Stafford and Preston Hensley to establish the present RASMB e-mail
network.  The RASMB meeting continued every 2 years and in 2000 it became a
Gordon Conference (chaired by Tom Laue).

The program has maintained a strong emphasis on reversible associations
with a focus has moved a little towards systems rather than a direct
emphasis on techniques.  The meeting features a number of eminent keynote
scientists and provides an opportunity to showcase recent developments in a
congenial atmosphere.  I sincerely hope that members of the RASMB network
will support the meeting and I look forward to meeting you there.  The
flyer is designed to be printed out and displayed on noticeboards and it
would be great if you could advertise the meeting in this way.

Please contact me directly (or the Chair, Gary Ackers  <ackers at wustl.edu>)
if you have any questions.    Previous meeting have featured very active
and effective poster sessions.    As spaces at the meeting are limited it
would be good to register early.

Best wishes

Geoff Howlett

Reversible Associations in Structural & Molecular Biology
January 15-20, 2006, Four Points Sheraton: Harbortown, Ventura, CA
Chairs: Gary K. Ackers & Geoffrey Howlett
Vice Chairs: Michelle Arkin & Colin Kleanthous
Protein Design in Evolution & Recognition
Gideon Schreiber/ Tanja Kortemme / Homme Helinga
Emerging Technologies
Carol Robinson/ Jrgen Plitzko / Jin Zhang / Tony Mittermaier
Ligand/Macromolecule Complexes & Drug Design
Jim Wells/ Jeffrey Huth / Jack Taunton
Single Molecule Mechanics
Ignacio Tinoco/ Carlos Bustamante / Julio Fernandez / Koen Visscher
Protein/Lipid Recognition
Stephen White/ Karen Fleming / Lukas Tamm / Jim Bowie
Protein Switches & Networks
Rob Russell / Heng Zhu / Russ Finley
Advances in Classic Methods
Peter Schuck / Mattia Rocco / Alexandre Bonvin
Functional Transitions in Protein-Nucleic Acid Assemblies
Dorothy Beckett / Jonathan Widom / Leemor Joshua-Tor / Andrew Feig
Special Poster Session: Selected Student Oral Presentations
Keynote Address
Tom Laue
"Are Biological Fluids Inherently More Ordered than We Think?

Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute
30 Flemington Road
The University of Melbourne
Parkville  VIC  3010  Australia

Phone:  61 3 8344 2271