[RASMB] UltraScan AccessGrid Seminar Thu Oct. 6 - from Borries Demeler

Walter Stafford walter at rasmb.bbri.org
Mon Oct 3 17:30:07 PDT 2005

 Dear Colleagues,

 Reminder: UltraScan Seminar on the AccessGrid. Scheduled for
 Thursday, Oct 6th,  11 am - 12 pm Central Daylight Time

 Due to large demand, in this seminar I will again analyze datasets
 submitted by participants. Both equilibrium and velocity data
 are welcome.

 If you would like to submit a dataset for analysis for this month's
 seminar, please send a complete dataset (please only 1 run per
 participant) to my e-mail address as a zip or tar.gz archive file. I
 have reserved time to extend this seminar, if necessary, for another
 hour in case we can't finish all data analysis.

 The seminar will take place in the UltraScan room in the venue server
 of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. The
 venue address is:

  https://ag1.v19.uthscsa.edu:8000/Venues/default

 All participants will need the AccessGrid toolkit version 2.3.3 or
 higher and a VNC viewer to participate. Please see the instructions
 for the setup of VNC viewer (http://www.tightvnc.com) and the
 AccessGrid software at:

 http://www.accessgrid.uthscsa.edu

 Note 1: we will have two hours setup time - 9-11 am central time.
 Please contact Jeremy Mann at jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
 or 210-567-2672 if you need help with the setup. I recommend
 to test out your AccessGrid connection one or two days in advance
 of the meeting if you have never set it up before.

 Note 2: I believe we have the VNC delay problem solved, or at least
 alleviated, so our VNC sessions should be again responsive as expected.

 See you Thursday, -Borries