[RASMB] SedVel60K centerpieces [was Cell Leak]

Virgil Schirf schirfv at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Aug 24 16:08:01 PDT 2005

We haven't used the the SedVel60K centerpieces here, but I've also heard
anecdotally about the problem you describe. Using aluminum and titanium
centerpieces which require gaskets is more cumbersome (and expensive!)
than using the SedVel60K centerpiece, but if optical artifacts are
indeed a problem then using the higher speed rated centerpieces or
taking a chance with the epon-charcoal centerpiece is the only way to go.

Virgil

--

Virgil Schirf
CAUMA & CLS