[RASMB] Cell Leak

Virgil Schirf schirfv at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Aug 24 14:48:01 PDT 2005

Allen,

We've seen the rib break but not bend as you describe. The centerpiece
is probably now corrupted especially for speeds that far above its
maximum rating. I would worry that if any resulting surface
irregularities developed during bending, eddying effects may occur even
if the centerpiece remained intact. Empirically, you might be able to
check the integrity of the centerpiece by running something like BSA and
critically examining the data.

You might want to consider purchasing centerpieces that are rated for
use up to 60krpm such as titanium, aluminum, or the SedVel60k graphite
filled epoxy centerpieces.

Best regards,

Virgil

--