[RASMB] new AUC resources website

Peter Schuck pschuck at helix.nih.gov
Wed Jan 26 11:18:01 PST 2005

Dear Colleagues,
I'd like to point out a new website providing AUC-related resources at

http://www.nih.gov/od/ors/dbeps/PBR/AUC.htm

It's still under construction, but has some information that you may find
useful.  There is information on upcoming workshops

http://www.nih.gov/od/ors/dbeps/PBR/AUCworkshop.htm

and it provides some teaching material.  This includes a basic introduction
to AUC for studying protein interactions and a set of protocols used in our
laboratory for sedimentation velocity and equilibrium experiments.

http://www.nih.gov/od/ors/dbeps/PBR/AUCProtocols.htm

The protocols are very detailed step-by-step instructions for planning the
experiment, doing the run, and analyzing the results.  Obviously it only
covers one particular way of doing experiments and is therefore limited,
but it is designed as a starting point.  The introduction is an entry point
without any equations (... okay - except for the Svedberg equation... and
also there's an appendix...) which we find useful for getting new people
acquainted with the technique.   I would appreciate your feedback.

Best,

Peter