[RASMB] question about Sedfit

ss2337 at columbia.edu ss2337 at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:16:01 PST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to use Sedfit to analyze some velocity data taken with
interference optics. The problem I have is that the fringes keep
jumping around from scan to scan. Can Sedfit handle this, i.e,
align all the scans. If so, how do you do it? I noticed there was
something about it on Peter Schuck's
"analyticalultracentrifugation.com" website under IgG sample. I
tried this method with my data and nothing shifted. Does anyone
have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Also, what is the maximum speed the Beckman 2-sector centerpieces
can withstand? I think it's 40,000 rpm, but I am not sure. Anyone
know?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Satinder