[RASMB] difference of p = 0.95, 0.68 and 0.55, the confidencelevel in the sedfit c(s) distributi

John Correia jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:00:00 PDT 2004

One problem I have with these discussions is they are method of analysis
focused and until Arthur's illustion to "know your system" not focused
on the molecules, the mechanism, the interactions.  Were we just talking
about one run and one concentration or a series of conectrations?  Why
do you want to integrate?  Are the "peak" positions constant or do they
change with concentration?  Is this in fact an impure system of
nointeracting species or aggregates, or are these aggregates of a single
component?  Is there any reversible interaction going on?

The goal is to describe your system in molecular and mechanistic terms
and then fit the data individually & globally to that model to prove the
hypothesized mechanism.  Statistics, assumptions, simulations are all
important.  Now what is going on in your system?

 Dr. John J. "Jack" Correia
 Department of Biochemistry
 University of Mississippi Medical Center
 2500 North State Street
 Jackson, MS  39216
 (601) 984-1522
 fax (601) 984-1501