[RASMB] teaching materials on sedimentation?

Jeff Cohlberg cohlberg at csulb.edu
Fri Jul 9 13:53:00 PDT 2004

I am about to teach a graduate level course in physical biochemistry for
the first time in a few years, and I would like to find some appropriate
reading material for the students on sedimentation which reflects modern
experimental and especially data analysis practice.  It just doesn't
seem appropriate to just go through ln r vs. t and ln c vs. r-squared
one more time.  I'd especially like to know about material which
presents modern methods of analyzing sedimentation velocity data in a
form suitable for student reading.  I'm not concerned about presenting a
completely rigorous mathematical approach complete with derivations,
just the necessary information so that a student encountering one of the
newer types of graphical analysis in a research paper would be able to
understand the meaning and significance of the data being presented. I
am a Model E user but have no experience with the XL.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jeff Cohlberg

--
Jeffrey A. Cohlberg, Professor