[RASMB] Postdoctoral Position

Michael G. Fried mfried at psu.edu
Mon May 17 18:57:01 PDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

A postdoctoral position is available to study the DNA- and
protein-interactions of the human O6-alkylguanine-DNA
alkyltransferase protein.  This protein plays an important role in
the repair of alkylated DNA and is also a target of chemotherapeutic
agents.  The current project includes preparation of recombinant
proteins, characterization of their binding to target and
non-specific DNAs and analysis of their protein-protein interactions,
using biochemical and biophysical techniques.   Some examples of our
work in this area are:

DNA Binding Mechanisms of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA Alkyltransferase:
Stoichiometry and Effects of DNA Base Composition and Secondary
Structures on Complex Stability. M.G. Fried, S. Kanugula, J.L.
Bromberg and A.E. Pegg, Biochemistry 35, 15295-15301 (1996).

Effects of Zinc Occupancy on Human O6 -Alkylguanine-DNA
Alkyltransferase  J.J. Rasimas, S. Kanugula, P.M. Dalessio, I.J.
Ropson, M.G. Fried and A.E. Pegg. Biochemistry 42, 980-990 (2003).

Interaction of O6-Alkylguanine DNA Alkyltransferase with DNA: Effects
of Protein- and DNA-Alkylation.  J. J. Rasimas, A. E. Pegg and M.G.
Fried. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 7973-7980 (2003).

Active-Site Alkylation Destabilizes Human O6-Alkylguanine DNA
Alkyltransferase. J.J. Rasimas, P. Dalessio, I. Ropson, A.E. Pegg and
M.G. Fried. Protein Science, 13, 301-305 (2004).

Individuals who wish to apply for this position should send a letter
stating their interests and qualifications, a curriculum vitae, and
the names and addresses (email, postal and telephone number) of three
references to me at the address given below.

Thanks very much!
Sincerely,

Mike Fried
--
Michael G. Fried, Ph.D.
Professor

email: mfried at psu.edu
Telephone: (717) 531-5250
FAX: (717) 531-7072

http://fred.hmc.psu.edu/ds/retrieve/fred/investigator/mfried

This message (including any attachments) contains information
intended for a specific individual and purpose that may be
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure by
law.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.