[RASMB] partial specific volume of protein in guanidine and urea

Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com
Wed Mar 24 15:46:00 PST 2004

Hi! I want to use guanidine (4-6 mol/L) or urea (6-8 mol/L) solution for
sedimentation velocity runs. To analyze the data with Sedfit, I need to
have the v-bar of the sample protein in these solutions. I have obtained
the v-bar of the protein in formulation buffer by use of density meter. As
indicated by some authors, v-bar of protein will change in guanidine and
urea solutions. I hope someone can tell me how to get v-bar of the protein
in these solutions. Thanks!
Yiming