[RASMB] DTT in SEDNTERP

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Fri Mar 12 13:09:00 PST 2004

Samantha and all,

The answer to the many "why isn't X compound in the SEDNTERP buffer
database" questions that have gone out over RASMB over the years is always
the same: all of the data we have are already in there. If compound X is not
there, it means that no one has any data (or at least not that they have
released in public).

Since the original release in '97 there has been only one submission of new
data from the AUC community (one compound by Geoff Howlett), and I believe
that was in '97.

If anyone has any density or viscosity data for other compounds, even if
they cover only a limited range of concentrations, I'd be happy to calculate
and circulate the coefficients needed to add them to the database.

The good news in your case is that it is probably reasonable to ignore the
contributions of 2 mM DTT. Any molecule of MW <= 200 at 2 mM is <= 0.4% by
weight in solution and thus probably won't change density or viscosity
significantly compared to the precision of your data.

John Philo
Alliance Protein Laboratories