[RASMB] Wavelength problems

D.Schubert schubert at biophysik.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Mar 12 11:15:00 PST 2004

Dear colleagues,

we have a technical problem with one of our two XL-A. Since we do not
have a service contract any longer, we would like - if possible - to fix
it on our own. However, for that we need advice.

If we run a wavelength scan, everything seems to be o.k.; in particular
the absorbance maxima are where they should be. On the other hand,
during radial scans the "effective" wavelength is not what was
programmed but approx. 30 nm lower. This effect, which occurs both in
step and continuous mode, is highly reproducible. It is independent of
the monochromator used: exchange against our second one does not alter
anything. Also, reinstallation of the XL-A software made no difference.

We could imagine that we are not the first ones to suffer from the
problem described, and we would appreciate very much if anyone could
advice us how to get rid of it.

Best regards,
Dieter

--
Prof. Dr. Dieter Schubert
Institut fuer Biophysik der JWG-Universitaet