[RASMB] Low s value peaks

Jones, Samantha samantha.jones at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 12:21:00 PST 2004

Hello all
I have been trying to analyse some interference data on Sedfit and have
been repeatedly seeing a large 'half' peak at very low s values on my s
value distributions.
On the continuous c(s) distributions after fitting to range of 0.1s to
10s the distribution line starts at c(s) values of 1.5 to 0.5 on 0 on
the x axis, dropping to 0 on the y axis by 0.1s value. This is still the
case after changing the parameters to 0.01s to 10s.
The buffer used at first was 10mM NaAcetate, 0.2% Azide and 2mM DTT pH
4. At first I thought it could be the DTT but I saw the same thing using
a sample in a buffer 10mM Tris 10mM Na Acetate, 0.2% Azide no DTT pH 8.
I have seen this spinning at 30K and 50K for about 16hours.

Could Azide be the problem? I don't expect either sample to be
contaminated, however anything of this size would have been missed by
the SDS-PAGE gel run on both samples.

Thank you

Samantha Jones
Samantha Jones